The King Baudouin Foundation's mission is to contribute to a better society in Belgium, in Europe and in the world.
The Foundation is an actor for change and innovation in Belgium and Europe, serving the public interest and increasing social cohesion. It seeks to maximise its impact by improving skills in organisations and for individuals. It also stimulates effective philanthropy by individuals and corporations.
The Foundation’s most important values are integrity and transparency, promoting solidarity, respect for diversity, pluralism and independence.
Our vision for the future: to set down roots for our activities at all levels in Belgium, to carry on establishing the King Baudouin Foundation in Europe and around the world, and to become a key player in cross-border philanthropy.
One of the initiatives to which the Foundation contributes is the Transnational Giving Europe Network
The TGE network enables European individual and corporate donors to make cross-border donations to the non-profit organisations they wish to support across Europe and to benefit from tax advantages available in their country of residence in a secured legal and fiscal framework.
Thanks to its strong member partnership and its collaboration with other advocacy entities in Europe, Transnational Giving Europe aims at accelerating the creation of a single market for philanthropy, through activities such as digital development, the search for new partner foundations and the provision of practical information on philanthropy in Europe.
On behalf of the Transnational Giving Europe network, the King Baudouin Foundation is looking for a trainee for a paid internship for 6 months
Objective of the internship
Assist the Network Manager of Transnational Giving Europe in the day-to-day coordination of the Network, the optimisation of its processes, its digital strategy and the management of its operational tools (transnational giving platform, etc).
The internship will also provide an opportunity to get to know the world of philanthropy and foundations at European level. It will require a high degree of flexibility, diplomacy, learning and international contacts.
- Participate in the day-to-day management of the Network and its logistics (conference calls, statistics, annual report, minute taking and facilitating follow-up actions).
- Contribute to the running and management of the Network’s new flagship Transnational Online Giving platform (creation of online donation pages, preparation of statistics).
- Develop the efficiency of the Network (review, update and create working documents) and improve its operational tools (Grant Eligibility Application Platform).
- Develop the external communication and promotion of the Network: provide content for social media accounts (LinkedIn, Facebook), update the TGE website, prepare e-news campaign.
- You have a Master’s degree (European or International politics)
- You enjoy the work involved in managing projects and you are an excellent planner and organiser.
- Interest in working on a European level.
- You are capable of establishing a network with the different stakeholders involved and maintaining good relationships with them.
- You identify opportunities and take the initiative.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- You have a healthy level of emotional and social intelligence
- You have solid oral and writing skills
- You are fluent in English, both speaking and writing
- Knowledge of MS Office : Word, Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint.
- a paid internship for 6 months starting as soon as possible
- an exciting and varied assignment with a lot of autonomy and contacts
- an open, dynamic and human atmosphere
- many learning opportunities
- a flexible working arrangement (flexible hours and telework)
- an internship in the centre of Brussels, easily accessible by public transport
The King Baudouin Foundation wishes to reflect as closely as possible the society to which it is committed. Candidates are therefore selected on the basis of their qualities and skills, regardless of gender, origin or disability. If you have a disability, please let us know in advance. We will make sure that you can participate in the selections in the best possible conditions.
Send your letter + c.v. by 15 March 2023.
For more information, please call 02/549 61 61 (Ms. Anne-Laure Paquot, Network Manager) or visit our website: www.kbs-frb.be.